ENF15 Video contest
The contest has now closed! Vote for your favourite video here!
How are nanotechnology and advanced materials already improving our lives? How will they in the future? Why is smaller better? The participants of the EuroNanoForum 2015 video contest will tell!
EuroNanoForum 2015 is pleased to announce a video competition entitled “Nanotechnology and advanced materials for a better world,” which is open for all students from the EU Member States. The goal of the competition is to show the world how nanotechnologies and advanced materials will solve real-world challenges. Get creative and win your ticket to Europe’s largest networking conference on nanotechnologies and advanced materials science, innovations and business. Furthermore, as an extra prize there is now a chance to win a license to QuantumWise Virtual NanoLab simulation software. Share your views in a 30 seconds video! Submit your entry here by 31st of May 2015.
The rules are simple: Compose and submit a 30 second video that demonstrates how nanotechnologies and advanced materials will bring solutions to real-world challenges. Narrate it so that it is accessible, understandable and eye-catching to a broad online audience. Selected videos will be uploaded to YouTube and promoted through EuroNanoForum’s social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).
The message “EuroNanoForum 2015, 10-12.6. in Riga, is the place to get the latest know-how on nanotechnologies and advanced materials” will be added to all the accepted videos. The videos are also encouraged to include nice views of Riga, when feasible.
The competition is open to students of all levels from the EU Member States. Entries shall be narrated (mainly) in English.
The submission for entries is now closed.
Evaluation and prize
Qualifying, appropriate videos will be posted online for public. The voting page is available here. Anyone is welcome to vote so make sure to tell your friends, colleagues, and family! Once finalist videos are determined by the public vote, judges will choose the winning videos.
The winning videos will be spotlighted on the EuroNanoForum 2015 webpage for one month, together with the names and affiliations of the submitters. The winners will be awarded with free admission to the EuroNanoForum 2015, 10-12 June 2015, in Riga, Latvia, where they will have an opportunity to network with international technology and business professionals, entrepreneurs, investors and policy makers. As an extra prize, our sponsor QuantumWise will offer one perpertual license to the Virtual NanoLab atomistic simulation software.
During the EuroNanoForum15, authors of winning videos will be presented. Winning videos will be visible throughout the conference and promoted through EuroNanoForum 2015 channels, ensuring wide international visibility.
- Each participant may submit only one entry.
- Each entry must be clearly linked to the theme of the competition.
- Only original work can be accepted. Once submitted the entry is final.
- Entries can be maximum 30 seconds long.
- Contest entry constitutes agreement to adhere to the rules and stipulations set forth by the ENF15.
- Any entrant or entry found to be in violation of any rule will be disqualified.
- By entering the contest, the entrant agrees to hold harmless ENF15 for all legal and administrative claims, including associated expenses that may arise from any claims related to his or her submission or its use.
- Entrants retain all copyright and equivalent rights but grants ENF15 nonexclusive rights to use their names, likenesses, quotes, and submissions for educational publicity and/or promotional purposes. This includes but is not limited to website display, print materials, and exhibits.
- ENF15 reserve the right to use semifinalist and finalist winners’ names and entries for educational publicity and/or promotional purposes including website or exhibition of winning entries. It is understood that entries will be shared with reporters covering ENF15 and for promotion of the contest itself.
- ENF15 reserves the right to disqualify submissions for the contest, as appropriate.
- ENF15 will not be responsible for any claims or complaints from third parties should these videos be exhibited.
- ENF15 reserves the right to make changes to submitted text in order to make it appropriate for the intended audience.
- ENF15 will have the final say on any point not outlined in the entry rules.
Disclaimer: Contest participants and winners receive no monetary compensation/award for their participation. The views expressed in the videos are not necessarily those of the EuroNanoForum 2015.